Thursday, January 14, 2010

Laurea

In December, the day of my birthday to be precise, we attended the graduation ceremony and dinner of a close friend of Mr F's, in Padova. The whole day was really enjoyable, and in particular the meal we had to celebrate.

It consisted of several courses;

Small appetiser of white polenta, rosemary and pork sausage
Entree of vegetable tart, baked in a polenta dough and served with prosciutto cotto
Fresh egg spaghetti with duck ragù
Red radicchio risotto
Grilled, finely sliced fillet of beef served with olive oil, balsamic and baby tomatoes

Dessert was a type of fine pastry with cream and chocolate filling

And naturally, we washed all this down with some good red and great company.

Below, myself and the new graduate:



I wore:

Story By Tang electric blue layered dress with silver detail
Black opaques (2 pairs!)
Black satin heels with jewel decoration (Bought from New Look in London for 10£!)
Pearl studs



I was a little apprehensive that I'd be homesick on my birthday, especially given that it was my 21st birthday, but I actually really enjoyed and appreciated the company of new friends on the day.

At midnight the night before, Mr F had taken me to a bar where a few of our other friends were, and bought bottles of champagne and sung me happy birthday. Later that week we also enjoyed drinks and pizzas with another group of friends and I indulged in a bottle of Veuve. Veuve and Pizza, I know, but it's only your 21st birthday once!




Mr F performing VIP (Very Important Pouring) Duties

I'm off to put away my suitcase - I can finally say that I actually live here now!

Ciopetta xx

No comments:

Post a Comment