Monday, January 18, 2010

Junior Days

To celebrate my birthday in December, my Mum compiled an assortment of photos to induce embarrassment (mine) and laughter (everybody else's). Mr F saw these and killed himself laughing - I'll share...




Pursuing an already favourite past time, chatting on the phone to Nanna.




First Day of School. Note the Mickey Mouse satchel, complete with backpack straps. Mickey's Paint Party, actually. And navy Clarks sandals with Princess Jasmine socks. (Remember her? I was always more partial to Arial myself. Jasmine was a little tetchy.)




More ground breaking fashion moments. Tartan twin set. The top had buttons and a sort of cowboy tie that you did up in front of your bellybutton. Obviously the rollerblades make it. (My Christmas present that year)That and the addition of my sister. We're with my Nanna, who I adore and taught me Everyhting I Know with regards to saving money, cooking, sewing and shopping. She is a genius in the kitchen, an avid reader and loves ballroom dancing. We used to go vintage shopping all the time, and she has an enormous suitcase full of her old dresses and coats that I like to borrow from.
 She's coming to visit me in May and I cannot wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment