Friday, February 19, 2010

Carnevale a Venezia and Valentine's Day

Given that we live only an hour or so away from Venice, there was no way I was going to pass up going to see Carnevale, which ended on Tuesday. Friday morning, Giada (Mr F's brother's fiancée) and I went and had breakfast at Mr F's uncl'es pastry shop, then got on our merry way to Venice. When we arrived in Piazza San Marco, there was aqua alta (high water), so we had to wind our way around the streets of Venice to avoid it.




We wandered around Venice for the day, spotting masks and costumes that we liked. We stopped and had our faces painted, saw newlyweds having their photos taken with people in costume, and stopped for a plate of pasta for lunch. (Carbonara for me, Bolognese for Giada)

Here are some of my favourites:










I could go on for days here really...I made sure I took enough photos to last me until the next time I'm back in Venice for Carnevale!
Sunday, I had to work, and Mr F and I aren't really that fussed on Valentine's Day anyway. Or so I thought. Mr F surprised me with white roses and dinner at home. We ate frozen pizzas in our pyjamas and spent the evening together. Honestly the most enjoyable Valentine's ever!

This week I'm hoping to have some more time to post as I'm not working so much now that Carnevale is over.

Ciopetta xx

No comments:

Post a Comment